- Big enough to hold cash, credit cards, keys and most smart phones
- Use as clutch or inside another bag
- Hand crocheted with over 200 post-consumer recycled pop tops
- Zippered closure with custom hardware
- Lightweight and supple aluminum shell. Fully lined with matching color fabric interior
- Size: 8" L x 3.5" H x 1"D
Escama Studio products are a sleek, handcrafted line of fair trade, high-style women’s handbags and accessories made from recycled aluminum pull-tabs and intricate crochet. Inspired by traditional Brazilian crocheted handbags, founder Andy Krumholz partnered with Brazilian friend Socurro Leal, together making it their mission to blend traditional Brazilian handwork with modern design – while improving the lives of the female artisans who make their products. When they began in 2004 they worked with 12 artisans, but now the company employs over 100 women from two cooperatives, giving the artisans the ability to support themselves and their families, and to work from home to be near their children. With pride, every product is signed by the artisan who made it. Striving to give back to the Brazilian communities they work with, Escama Studio funds computer-based educational programs, and provides computers, training, and assistance in opening bank accounts.