Abdi Masaai Necklace
- Glass Masaai beads accented with geometric shaped brass beads
- All beads cut, polished and formed by hand
- Length: 28" + 2" extension
- Care: brass naturally oxidizes over time, but is easily polished up with just warm water & mild liquid soap. Rinse, dry and buff with a clean cloth. Another option is to make a paste of baking soda, water and a small amount of lemon juice. Gently rub, rinse, dry & buff.
- Produced following fair trade principles
Artisan Country: Kenya
Greenola strives to provide advancement opportunities to artisans through design and innovation, using fashion as a tool to create positive change in the world. By measuring success through a triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit, Greenola aims to preserve century old craft traditions, support artisan entrepreneurship, and make both eco-friendly and high quality products.
Priding itself in servant leadership, Greenola strives to create direct and lasting relationships with artisans and their families. Working directly with artisans in Bolivia and Kenya, Greenola pays fair wages to their artisans, providing access to quality healthcare, design education, business training, and community building, while respecting and preserving the cultural heritage of their artisans and fostering their time-honored craftsmanship.
Greenola also donates a percentage of their profits to Solidarity Bridge, and organization with a mission to empower South American communities by providing health services and education to the people of Bolivia and Paraguay.