African Breakfast Tea
$13.00 USD $10.40 USD
- This full-bodied blend of black teas are from Kenya, India and China
- Well-balanced and very high in anti-oxidants
- Great with a splash of milk and sugar
- Tasting Notes: Classic and Bold – Toast and Golden Syrup
- Makes 40 cups.Re-steep this whole leaf tea for 80 cups
- Steeping Instructions: 1 teaspoon – 205°F – 3 mins
- 100% Natural Ingredients: Rainforest Alliance Kenyan Black tea, Assam and China black teas
- Contains: 90g of loose leaf tea
- Caffeine: High
- Features: Small-scale farmer grown. Pesticide free. No chemicals are ever sprayed on the tea leaves.
- Includes: One hand-carved Kenyan tea spoon
- Produced following fair trade principles
Artisan Country: Kenya, India and China
JusTea, founded by Canadians Paul & Ian Bain, is Kenya’s first ever, small scale farmer owned, Artisanal Tea Factory! JusTea is dedicated to putting people to work, whilst still making profits in Kenya & North America. Prior to becoming part of JusTea the story being told was "Being a small-scale tea farmer in Kenya is not sustainable. We do not earn a decent income from plucking our green leaf and dropping it off for buyers of the factory." Basic family needs such as food, water, sanitation and education were not being met.
Today, things are different for these farmers. JusTea's Artisinal Tea Factory employs over 40 people including the 10 small-scale tea growers. They also employ over 15 different wood-working families who create the hand-carved Kenyan tea spoons included with each tin of tea.
Approximately 80% of youth aged 18-28 have inconsistent & casual employment in rural Kenya. By creating new jobs, paying sustainable fair wages, & keeping profits in the community, they hope to positively impact many tea farming villages throughout Kenya.