African Chai Tea
- Totally different from a spicy Indian Masala Chai, this has been known to make chai devotees rethink how they drink their chai
- Delicious as an iced tea
- Tasting Notes: Sweet and Spicy – Licorice Root and Cloves
- Makes 40 cups: Re-steep this whole leaf tea for 80 cups
- Steeping Instructions: 1 teaspoon - 205°F – 3 mins
- 100% Natural Ingredients: Rainforest Alliance Kenyan Black tea, allspice, clove, fennel, cinnamon, licorice root, ginger, black pepper, rose petals
- Contains: 115g of loose leaf tea
- Caffeine: Medium
- Small-scale farmer grown
- Pesticide free, no chemicals ever sprayed on the tea leaves
- Includes: One hand-carved Kenyan tea spoon
- Produced following fair trade principles
Artisan Country: Kenya
JusTea, founded by Canadians Paul & Ian Bain, is Kenya’s first ever, small scale farmer owned, Artisanal Tea Factory! JusTea is dedicated to putting people to work, whilst still making profits in Kenya & North America. Prior to becoming part of JusTea the story being told was "Being a small-scale tea farmer in Kenya is not sustainable. We do not earn a decent income from plucking our green leaf and dropping it off for buyers of the factory." Basic family needs such as food, water, sanitation and education were not being met.
Today, things are different for these farmers. JusTea's Artisinal Tea Factory employs over 40 people including the 10 small-scale tea growers. They also employ over 15 different wood-working families who create the hand-carved Kenyan tea spoons included with each tin of tea.
Approximately 80% of youth aged 18-28 have inconsistent & casual employment in rural Kenya. By creating new jobs, paying sustainable fair wages, & keeping profits in the community, they hope to positively impact many tea farming villages throughout Kenya.