Arrow Tag Wrap Bracelet
- 1.5" x .25" PEACEBOMB metal tag on 45" leather cord with sterling silver lobster style closure
- Comes complete with ARTICLE22 story card and handwoven cotton pouch
- Representing a symbol of power, strength and sense of direction
- PEACEBOMB Al metal includes Vietnam War era bombs, plane parts, military hardware and other aluminum scrap
- Each PEACEBOMB Al piece is authentically handcrafted in Laos and finished in Vientiane or New York
- This piece can be worn when in water—leather will patina naturally with wear and metal will not tarnish
- With wear, each piece becomes uniquely yours and may acquire a polished patina from the natural oils of your skin
Purchase of this bracelet clears 3 square meters of Laotian landscape
Artisan Country: Laos and U.S.
After two years in the merchandising department at Coach, Elizabeth Suda packed her bags and left for Laos. It was her personal mission to understand how local, sustainable crafts made by women could be plugged into the global fashion market. During her journey she learned about the United State’s Secret War in neutral Laos from 1963-1974, which left a legacy of 80 million unexploded bombs across the countryside.To contain the spread of communism, American B-52s dropped an average of one bomb-load every eight minutes, 24 hours a day, for nine years. 80 million of the 250 million bombs dropped failed to detonate, leaving a deadly legacy that plagues the agrarian population today.
Moved to make a difference in the lives of the people and country of Laos, Elizabeth now employs artisans in Laos to create an evolving collection of jewelry and home goods, buying back the bombs and turning them into a thing of beauty.
The PEACEBOMB collection, is jewelry handcrafted in Laos from Vietnam War shrapnel. A virtuous circle, each piece helps clear unexploded ordnance, making land safe and providing new metal to artisans.