- Handcrafted by young women escaping human trafficking
- A delicate chain and hammered chevron pendant
- Chevron represents perseverance and moving forward
- 14K Gold plate
- Measures: 17.5” L with 2” extender chain
- Comes in beautiful gift box
- Produced following fair trade principles
Artisan Country: India
Purpose Jewelry and their sister nonprofit, International Sanctuary, provide care, support and job training for survivors of human trafficking. Founded in 2007 in Mumbai, India, International Sanctuary is a supportive community for girls to heal and rediscover themselves. Having now served over 300 women in India since their inauguration, International Sanctuary provides education, health care and social workers to assist with the healing process.
Purpose Jewelry now employs around 30 fulltime women in India and also has a short-term job-training program for survivors in Orange County, CA as well. Survivors have gone on to find other jobs, enhance their educations, and get married. One even went onto law school with the financial and emotional support of International Sanctuary. With their recent expansion into Mexico and plans to open a sanctuary in Uganda, your purchase of Purpose Jewelry truly helps to change lives.