Peppermint Detox Tea:
- Whole leaf peppermint and lemongrass team up in this delicious and revitalizing blend
- Packed with antioxidants
- Peppermint soothes a sore throat, while lemongrass helps with tummy troubles and iron absorption
- Tasting Notes:Cool and Refreshing. Mint and Sweet Lemon
- Makes 40 cups.Re-steep this whole leaf tea for 80 cups
- Steeping Instructions: 1 tea spoon – 205°F – 4 mins
- 100% Natural Ingredients: Organic lemongrass, peppermint
- Contains: 45g of loose leaf tea
- Caffeine: None
- Features: The organic herbs in this tea are grown by a Women’s Tea Co-op in Kenya
- Includes: One hand-carved Kenyan tea spoon
- Produced following fair trade principles
Artisan Country: Kenya
JusTea, founded by Canadians Paul & Ian Bain, is Kenya’s first ever, small scale farmer owned, Artisanal Tea Factory! JusTea is dedicated to putting people to work, whilst still making profits in Kenya & North America. Prior to becoming part of JusTea the story being told was "Being a small-scale tea farmer in Kenya is not sustainable. We do not earn a decent income from plucking our green leaf and dropping it off for buyers of the factory." Basic family needs such as food, water, sanitation and education were not being met.
Today, things are different for these farmers. JusTea's Artisinal Tea Factory employs over 40 people including the 10 small-scale tea growers. They also employ over 15 different wood-working families who create the hand-carved Kenyan tea spoons included with each tin of tea.
Approximately 80% of youth aged 18-28 have inconsistent & casual employment in rural Kenya. By creating new jobs, paying sustainable fair wages, & keeping profits in the community, they hope to positively impact many tea farming villages throughout Kenya.