Purple Rain Tea
- Purple Rain Tea has a bright tropical infusion of juicy passion fruit, sweet lemongrass, crisp apple, and a hint of hibiscus
- Delicious hot or as an iced tea
- Tasting Notes: Bright and lively. Tropical fruit and hibiscus
- Makes 40 cups: Re-steep this whole leaf tea for 80 cups
- Steeping Instructions: 1 teaspoon - 190°F – 4 mins
- 100% Natural Ingredients: Organic Lemongrass, Kenyan Purple Tea, Hibiscus, Apple Pieces, Rosehips, Natural Passion Fruit Flavour
- Contains: 80g of loose leaf tea
- Caffeine: low
- Grown organically, these tea leaves are naturally purple because they contain anthocyanins, the same super antioxidants found in other purple plants like blueberries and pomegranates
- Similar to green tea, Purple Tea is very healthy, with little caffeine and an exquisite taste
- Small-scale farmer grown
- Pesticide free, no chemicals ever sprayed on the tea leaves
- Includes: One hand-carved Kenyan tea spoon
- Produced following fair trade principles
Artisan Country: Kenya
JusTea, founded by Canadians Paul & Ian Bain, is Kenya’s first ever, small scale farmer owned, Artisanal Tea Factory! JusTea is dedicated to putting people to work, whilst still making profits in Kenya & North America. Prior to becoming part of JusTea the story being told was "Being a small-scale tea farmer in Kenya is not sustainable. We do not earn a decent income from plucking our green leaf and dropping it off for buyers of the factory." Basic family needs such as food, water, sanitation and education were not being met.
Today, things are different for these farmers. JusTea's Artisinal Tea Factory employs over 40 people including the 10 small-scale tea growers. They also employ over 15 different wood-working families who create the hand-carved Kenyan tea spoons included with each tin of tea.
Approximately 80% of youth aged 18-28 have inconsistent & casual employment in rural Kenya. By creating new jobs, paying sustainable fair wages, & keeping profits in the community, they hope to positively impact many tea farming villages throughout Kenya.